From School Books to Summer Break
On Friday morning, I snapped shut my last school book and turned to face the three months of summer break before me.
I don’t know about you, but mid-May can sometimes feel like New Year’s all over again. We stash away our textbooks and start scratching down “resolutions,” or projects, or simple bucket list items we hope to mark off as spring melts into June and July.
For myself, the ideal summer days I long for often turn out to be much more chaotic and time-demanding than I anticipate. Nevertheless, I do have a few hopes and plans for this summer that I’ll share. Call it a bucket list if you like.
- Start a small sewing business.
- Take this challenge to write 500 words every day for a month.
- Read more.
- Run more.
- Learn a few new songs on the piano and violin.
- Teach my younger sister to play the violin.
- Finish up school books and get organized for my senior year.
I’d love to know what’s on your summer bucket list. Feel free to leave a comment below!